Welcome to Echo Mill! This page contains information to help you. Below is a checklist that should make your move a little easier.
- Have you forwarded your mail?
You can visit the local Post Office to make the necessary changes.
- First-class, Priority, and Express Mail will be forwarded for 12 months at no charge.
- Periodicals (including magazines) are forwarded for 60 days at no charge.
- Standard Mail (A) (which includes circulars, books, catalogs and advertising mail weighing less than 16 ounces) is not forwarded unless requested by the mailer.
- Standard Mail (B) Forwarded locally at no charge for 12 months. You pay forwarding charges if you move outside the local area. This includes packages weighing 16 ounces or more.
The Powder Springs Post Office is located at:
4644 Old Dallas Hwy
Business hours are:
Week Days 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Directions to the post office:
Turn right out of our subdivision on Corner Road. Continue about 1/2 mile to the traffic light. Turn left at the traffic light at MacLand Road. Continue to the next traffic light which is Old Lost Mountain Road and turn right. Go several miles to the next traffic light at Richard D Sailors Parkway and turn right. Turn at the first left, Silver Springs Way and go about 1/10th mile to the stop sign and then turn right to continue on Silver Springs Way about 1/10th mile. The Post Office entrance is on the left.
- Have you notified Newspaper subscriptions and Magazines?
- Do you have all medical records?
Ask your doctor for all copies of your medical, dental and x-ray records for your family and pets. Ask your doctor to recommend a peer in our area.
- Have you changed the address on your bank statements, bills, and businesses?
Most bills you receive include a change of address form to return along with your payment. Don't forget to notify your bank and insurance companies of your new address.
- Homestead Exemption
This is an important Property Tax Credit. Contact:
Property Tax Division
100 Cherokee Street, Marietta, GA
- Tax Assessor's Office
To appeal your property tax assessment, write to:
10 East Park Square, Suite 400 Marietta
- Registrar of voters
You can register to vote at many different locations in Georgia including the local library and where you apply for your Georgia driver's licence. Please visit www.sos.state.ga.us/ or call:
Cobb County Department of Elections and Voter Registration
47 Waddel Street, Marietta, GA
To register to vote by mail, please call 770-528-2581 to request an application. You may also register to vote at the following locations:
Elections and Registration Office, Cobb County public libraries, government services canters or any location where you can obtain or renew drives license.
- Drivers License
If you have a valid driverís license from your state, you do not need to take a drivers test or road test. Be sure to bring your proof of residency in Georgia such as an electric bill or a bank statement.
To obtain a State of Georgia Drivers License, you may go to:
- Marietta, 1605 County Services Parkway, approximately 1/2 mile south of Powder Springs Road and 1 3/4 miles North of Austell road. County Services Road runs between Powder Springs Road and Austell road. Tuesday-Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., no road test given after 4:30 (or earlier if crowded) Service provided: New Drivers License, License Renewals, Learners Permit, Handicapped Permits, Identification Cards, and Driving Record (Phone) 770-528-3251
- Mableton, Kroger, 4875 Floyd Road. Corner of Floyd Road and Nickajack Road
Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Renewals Only!
- Roswell/Marietta, Kroger, 4401 Shallowford Road, Roswell/Marietta.
Monday - Friday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. & Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Renewal Only!
- Your Georgia Car Tags (Licence Plates)
Tags must be purchased within thirty (30) days of establishing your residency. You must have proof of ownership, current mileage, name of insurance company, policy
number and proof of emission inspection. Georgia requires an inspection of your
automobile. The inspection can be done at any state designated inspection station.
For more information on the emission inspection call 1-800-449-2471. You will be billed for your tag annually on the owners birthday. If you have all of your vehicles titled in one name you may want to change this to avoid due dates all at once.
Tax Commissioner's Office Motor Vehicle Division(Car Tags)
700 South Cobb Drive Marietta,
In addition, three satellite locations are open to serve you:
- East Cobb Govt. Service Center, 4400 Lower Roswell Road
- South Cobb Govt. Service Center, 4700 Austell Road
- Market Square Shopping Center, 2950 Canton Highway
All tag office locations are open 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. , Monday- Friday. Satellite
offices close for lunch from 11:15 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Other Important Web Sites:
City of Powder Springs
State of Georgia
Georgia House of Representatives
Georgia State Senate
US House of Representative - GA
US Senators - GA
United States White House
- Be sure to see the list of important phone numbers (includes web links and contacts)